Advice for New Mums5 September 2018
(as suggested by the members of our online community)
- Trust yourself/your intuition. Nobody knows your baby better than you do.
- Stay away from Google!
- Look after yourself – fill your own cup first!
- Imagine what life is like as a newborn – implement “4th trimester” soothing techniques.
- The days are long but the years are short. Try to enjoy it.
- Watch out for those ‘post-natal’ hormones.
- Breastfeeding can hurt.
- Sleep. Any moment you can.
- Ice your boobs and your bits.
- Talk to people about how you’re feeling.
- It’s okay to cry.
- Don’t have any expectations.
- Try not to wish this time away. Find joy in the little things (the smell of their head, their sleep sounds, holding their tiny hand, first smiles etc).
- Take one day, or one phase, at a time.
- Stay close with your partner. They need you too.
- You may feel like you’ve lost your old self, but don’t despair, you will find her again.
- Forget about your wobbly bits. Your body has created life.
- Relinquish all control/perfectionism.
- Remember, you’re not alone, and
- You are enough.
Remember the day your little one came into the world with a story book you’ll love to revisit together over and over again. Click here to find out more.
Storm grey, organic muslin blanket (pictured above) available for purchase here.
Photo cred: @krystle_witt (on IG).