Top 12 Tips for Labour12 July 2018
- Don’t have a plan.
- Listen to your body. Trust in yourself and your instincts.
- Take long deep breaths/control your breathing.
- Use a mantra, “this too shall pass” is a common one.
- You’re in charge of your body.
- Leave your dignity at the door and pick it back up again on the way out.
- Speak up if you feel things aren’t right.
- Just keep thinking about the moment you will meet bub. Every contraction brings you closer to this moment.
- Walk walk walk – this will help progress your labour.
- Take the drugs (if you want to, there’s no medal for doing it without any), and lastly…
- Snacks. Pack lots of snacks.
Remember the day your little one comes into the world with a story book you’ll love to revisit together over and over again. Buy book here.
Photo cred: @mother_ofall_adventures (on IG)